Monday, 18 April 2011

ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A WITCH WHO ASPIRED TO POLITICS.  SPECIFICALLY, SHE WANTED TO RUN IN THE UPCOMING FEDERAL ELECTION AS THE GREEN PARTY'S EDMONTON EAST RIDING'S CANDIDATE.  THAT WITCH'S NAME WAS TREY (TREASACH) CAPNERHURST.   NOW TO BE CLEAR, JUST ABOUT EVERYONE IN THIS STORY IS A WITCH AND WHILE THERE IS DEFINITELY A "WITCH HUNT" GOING ON HERE, IT'S MOST DEFINITELY *NOT* OF THE RELIGIOUS VARIETY.

ANYWAY, BACK TO THE STORY...

TREY DECIDED SHE NEEDED AN APPRENTICE TO PASS ALONG TO HER WISE AND MYSTIC WAYS OF HERBAL LORE.  TO THIS END, SHE POSTED AN AD ON A WEBSITE DEVOTED TO SUCH THINGS. 

Commercial Notice
Apprentice Herbalist wanted
Proclaimed by: Treasach - A WitchVox Sponsor
Proclaimed from: Edmonton, Alberta

Proclamation...
Have you ever wanted to be a Western Traditional herbalist? To work in a health food store? To make and sell your own organic, natural cosmetics? If you are looking for the chance to learn traditional herbal medicine and how to apply it in everyday uses, your search has ended!
An experienced herbalist is offering this one chance to a lucky applicant for a full traditional apprenticeship. This intensive daytime study of nearly every aspect of this modern and ancient Art will not only allow you to create modern herbal remedies and learn what they treat, but will also include ancient and modern safe and natural cosmetics, perfumes, cleaners, candy and other cookery! The course will also include all the right answers on how to make enough money at your craft to make it your day job and life's work.
Course fee is negotiable, as sweat equity is considered. Potential to earn during the course itself. Taught as an aspect of Goddess worship and Earth healing, preference will be given to those of pagan faiths.
This is a once in a lifetime offer. Apply as soon as possible, and manifest the life you've always wanted!
Telephone: (780) 477 2540
To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...

TAKE NOTE THAT IN THE AD SHE GOES BY "TREASACH" (HER LEGAL...AND APPARENTLY CRAFT NAME) AND NOT THE NAME THAT JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS HER BY (TREY). THIS DETAIL, MINOR AS IT IS, IS THE TINDER THAT SPARKS EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS NEXT.  AND, TRUST ME, ATHOUGH THERE'S A LOT OF MATERIAL INCLUDED IN THIS MESSAGE, IT'S WELL WORTH THE TRIP TO THE VERY END.

ENTER OUR SECOND PROTAGONIST, ED, OWNER OF "WHERE FAERIES LIVE", A LOCAL STORE THAT CATERS TO WITCHES, PAGANS AND THEIR ILK.  AS SUCH, THE STORE CARRIES A LARGE SUPPLY OF HERBS.  DID I MENTION THAT TREY, A SELF DESCRIBED "GREEN WITCH" ALSO SELLS HER OWN HERBS AND HERBAL PRODUCTS AT FARMERS' MARKETS AND CRAFT SALES?  I'M TELLING YOU THIS BECAUSE IT HAS BEARING ON HOW THINGS TRANSPIRE.

IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO ADD THAT ED AND TREY HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY MET IN PERSON AND AS FAR AS I KNOW THE ONLY COMMUNICATION THEY'VE EVER HAD IS IN THE E-MAILS THAT FOLLOW.

ANOTHER USEFUL TIDBIT:
ED'S PARTNER (IN BUSINESS AND IN LIFE) CHRIS KNEW TREY FROM MANY YEARS AGO WHEN THEY WERE BOTH INVOLVED IN A MEDIEVAL RECREATION GROUP (SOCIETY FOR CREATIVE ANACHRONISM OR "SCA").  CHRIS' IMPRESSIONS OF TREY IN THAT CONTEXT WERE NOT POSITIVE ONES AS TREY WAS, AT THE TIME, EMBROILED IN A BATTLE WITH THE SOCIETY OVER HER ROLE IN RUNNING AN EVENT ON THE SCA'S BEHALF - AN EVENT THAT TREY WAS SUBSEQUENTLY REMOVED FROM RUNNING BECAUSE OF HER INCOMPETENCE (AND I SUSPECT, HER SUNNY DISPOSITION AND STELLAR DISPUTE RESOLVING SKILLS. YES, THAT WAS SARCASM. AND YES, IF YOU READ THIS ENTIRE LETTER TO THE END, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN).
THERE WERE ALLEGATIONS...FROM TREY AGAINST THE SCA...OF MAIL THEFT, CHARACTER ASSASSINATION, ETC. AND THERE WAS EVEN MUCH GRANDOISE TALK OF HER SUING SCA, INC.  AS FAR AS I KNOW THE CASE WAS GROUNDLESS AND AFTER MUCH HUFFING AND PUFFING TO NO AVAIL, MUCH TO EVERYONE'S RELIEF, TREY ENDED UP LEAVING THE SCA FOR GOOD.

I ALSO WANT TO POINT OUT THAT THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SOME ILL INTENT ON TREY'S SIDE WITH RESPECT TO "WHERE FAERIES LIVE".   I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TREY'S ORIGINAL BEEF WITH THE PLACE IS, THOUGH AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THE FACT THAT SHE WAS TRASH TALKING THE STORE YEARS BEFORE ED AND CHRIS BOUGHT FROM ANNETTE PARK IN 2005 NEGATES THE ENTIRE IDEA THAT THE ENSUING CONFLICT HERE IS A SIMPLE PERSONALITY CONFLICT BETWEEN TREY, CHRIS AND ED AND MORE OF A CALCULATED ATTACK ON TREY'S PART TO UNDERMINE A BUSINESS SHE'S SEES AS COMPETITION TO HER OWN.

THE POSTS BELOW, FROM 2004, ARE FROM A YAHOO GROUP THAT TREY HERSELF STARTED.

From: NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT SENDER'S IDENTITY
To: http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=canadianwitchwomen@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [canadianwitchwomen] Edmonton Area

I used to live in Edmonton and there was a shop on 124 Street called "Where Fairies Live" that carried bulk herbs.

-- In http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=canadianwitchwomen@yahoogroups.com, "Trey Capnerhurst" <traesach@...> wrote:

Sold and moved.  Ages ago.


...COMPLETELY UNTRUE.  WHERE FAERIES LIVE HAS BEEN CONTINUOUSLY IN BUSINESS AT THE SAME LOCATION SINCE 1998 WHEN IT WAS FIRST OPENED.


And their herbs were only good for magical purposes, 'cause they certainly had lost all healing potency.

My family eats nearly all organic and I have all my culinary and medical herbs and spices.  You should taste my homemade Chai.

And I do it for $100 a week for my whole family, including toiletries.

Do I know where to shop around here or what?

I will upload the Edmonton Green Pages in text form, of which I am sole collector and publisher, to the Files if it will help.  It list the all the organic, green, and mystic business I could get the info from before publish date.  I didn't include the ones that in good conscience I would be uncomf with.  WFL is not on my list.

...JUST WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING HERE, TREY?

Trey

----- Original Message -----
From: NAME REMOVED TO PROTECT SENDER'S IDENTITY, DIFFERENT FROM PERSON ASKING ORIGINAL QUESTION, ALSO A CUSTOMER OF OURS.
To: http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=canadianwitchwomen@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [canadianwitchwomen] Re: Edmonton Area

it is still here, same place, if you need I can grab you the address... then up the street a bit more on the other since is Ascendant Books, they carry just about anything you can think of, it isn't just a book store, but if you go there, be prepared to spend some time..lol

--- In http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=canadianwitchwomen@yahoogroups.com, "Trey Capnerhurst" <traesach@...> wrote:

I dislike WFL with a passion.  There are many other choices in Edmonton ...

T.

--- In http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=canadianwitchwomen@yahoogroups.com, "Trey Capnerhurst" <traesach@...> wrote:

There are over a dozen of local pagan shops in Edmonton .  Check the Files section for Edmonton Green pages for contact info of reputable ones.  You'll notice Fairies is NOT on it.

Your best bet is the local health food store.  They order in more oils and move them faster, so they will be fresher and cheaper than most occult shops.

Not that I had my own brand name or anything...

Trey

HM. SHE SAYS "NOT THAT I HAD MY OWN BRAND NAME OR ANYTHING".  ALSO, HOW BETTER TO HARM A COMPETING BUSINESS' REPUTATION THAN TO TELL PEOPLE THAT IT'S OUT OF BUSINESS? 

HOW ETHICAL IS THAT, EVEN IF YOU "HATE THEM WITH A PASSION"?  WHERE IS THE LINE?  ALSO ONE DOES WONDER, AS A POLITICAL CANDIDATE WHO HAS RUN FOR OFFICE BEFORE, DO TREY'S WORDS ON A PUBLIC FORUM HOLD MORE WEIGHT THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON'S?  MY FRIEND, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A LAWYER AND WHO READ THIS LETTER, SEEMS TO THINK SO.

HOW IS THIS RELEVENT, YOU MAY ASK?   TRUST ME, GENTLE READER, YOU DON'T WANT MISS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
ED, NOT KNOWING THAT THE "TREASACH" IN THE WITCHVOX AD IS IN FACT THE SAME "TREY CAPNERHURST" WHO HAS BEEN BASHING HIS BUSINESS FOR YEARS, REPLIES TO THE AD (WITH I BELIEVE HONEST INTENTIONS TO ACTUALLY FURTHERING HIS EDUCATION AND LIFE EXPERIENCES), TO WHICH HE RECEIVES THE REPLY:

 On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Dairine <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=greenserene@telus.net
<mailto:greenserene%40telus.net> > wrote:
 Hi Ed, thanks so much for applying! We are currently looking into expanding our operations to include another apprentice, and will be  conducting interviews in the next week or so to find the right fit.  Although we are open to anyone, preference will be given to women, especially pagans, whose conventional opportunities are more limited and where our training can make the most difference in their lives. This is a traditional apprenticeship program that is balanced between the thrall style of training and that of a modern institution. This is a flexible style that is designed to meet the needs of the student, and
it can suit according to time and money. The less money you have, the more we  will accept sweat equity.  And vise versa. Also, the more revenue the shop generates, the more chance you have to share in that income, so what you get out of it completely depends on your level of commitment.  One's own business depends entirely on how hard, as well as how smart, you work. Most aren't trained enough to make their living through self employment. We teach how to wholesale and retail, as well as teaching how to create, produce, and sell the products and services to manifest your own living. This is a lot of work to start out, and a ready made "in" would be provided for the right person.  We do all of our work out of our homes with the kids, and since this is such an intimate training program careful screening will be done.   Interviews will be held this week
after six call or e-mail and let us know when you are available!
Dairine
Green Serene
 780 488 5091
 www.facebook.com/Dairine.R
 http://twitter.com/GreenSereneD
 http://www.misticalacscents.etsy.com/


AS YOU SEE, THE EXCHANGE STARTS OUT PLEASANTLY ENOUGH. NOTICE THAT HE'S DEALING WITH SOMEONE NAMED "DAIRINE".  ALSO, NOT A NAME HE RECOGNIZES.  THEN ED ASKS:

From: edward vanderzouwen [mailto:http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ed.vanderzouwen@gmail.com
<mailto:ed.vanderzouwen%40gmail.com> ]
Sent: February-22-11 12:49 PM
To: Dairine
Subject: Re: Apprentice Opportunity


Well I am fairly open so almost any evening would work. Is this program reconzied by any assoication or post secondry insitution?
TO WHICH HE RECEIVES THE REPLY (FROM TREY'S APPRENTICE DANI RIMMER, WHO HAS SINCE CHANGED HER NAME TO "DARRIE RIMMER" AND HAS CHOSEN HERE TO GO BY SIMPLY "DAIRINE".  ARE YOU CONFUSED YET?):


On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Dairine <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=greenserene@telus.net
<mailto:greenserene%40telus.net> > wrote:

Because we won't comply with government limitations on our knowledge, like traditional natives we are not recognized by any government institution.  On Thursday I am conducting interviews and can have a spot for you at 7:45 and I'll be at the Boston Pizza at 10115 Princess Elizabeth Avenue , the one on the traffic circle on 118th ave. Let me know if this works for you.

Dairine
Green Serene
780 488 5091
 www.facebook.com/Dairine.R
 http://twitter.com/GreenSereneD
 http://www.misticalacsents.etsy.com/
 
...AND SO THEY MAKE A DATE TO MEET.  ALL IS GOING WELL. SO FAR.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM, edward vanderzouwen
 <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ed.vanderzouwen@gmail.com <mailto:ed.vanderzouwen%40gmail.com> > wrote:

 yes I can make that see you on Thrusday
 Ed
 
AND THIS IS WHEN, SO ED SAYS, HIS PARTNER CHRIS SAYS TO HIM "TREASACH...WHERE DO I KNOW THAT NAME FROM?  WAIT A SECOND...DO YOU REALIZE YOU'VE JUST MADE AN APPOINTMENT TO MEET WITH TREY CAPNERHURST?"

TO WHICH ED IMMEDIATELY E-MAILS BACK TO DAIRINE:

From: edward vanderzouwen [mailto:http://ca.mc1258.mail.yah/oo.com/mc/compose?to=ed.vanderzouwen@gmail.com
<mailto:ed.vanderzouwen%40gmail.com> ]
Sent: February-22-11 8:20 PM

 To: Dairine
Subject: Re: Apprentice Opportunity

just found out who you are sorry not interested
 
WELL, JUDGING BY WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, THIS CHANGE OF HEART WAS TAKEN AS SOME KIND OF SOUL CRUSHING MORTAL INSULT. 

NOTICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, WE SEE TREY'S ACTUAL NAME POP UP.  ALSO, AM I ALONE IN THIS THAT I FIND THE TONE OF TREY'S MESSAGE A LITTLE OMINOUS?  "DON'T WORRY.  WE'LL MEET YOU AGAIN." 

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Trey Capnerhurst <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net
mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net> > wrote:
Excellent. That means we don't have to cancel you. But don't worry.  We'll meet you again.
Trey
http://misticalacscents.etsy.com/
Organic, fair trade, handmade herbal treats and cosmetics.
Blog: http://gifts-of-nature.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Treasach
http://www.facebook.com/GiftsofNature
http://facebook.com/TreyCapnerhurstGreenParty

From: Dairine
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:54 PM
To: 'Trey Capnerhurst'
Subject: FW: Apprentice Opportunity
Not sure what to say to him, if anything. From what I saw he is part owner of Where Faeries Live, friends with Kintair and probably involved with the SCA.. And apparently a jerk.


AND SO THE MUD SLINGING BEGINS.  NOTICE THAT IT'S TREY'S APPRENTICE WHO FIRES THE FIRST VOLLEY OF INSULTS HERE AND WHICH TREY BLITHELY FORWARDS ON TO ED. 
TO WHICH ED REPLIES:

From: edward vanderzouwen
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:55 PM
To: Trey Capnerhurst
Subject: Re: Apprentice Opportunity

I choose not to waste yours time or mine, if that makes me a jerk I guess you would know.


...AND IN A JUST AND KIND UNIVERSE IN WHICH EVERYONE IS MENTALLY BALANCED AND WE ALL HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO (LIKE RUN FOR POLTIICAL OFFICE), IT WOULD HAVE ENDED HERE WITH A "WOW, WHAT A JERK. GUESS WE DODGED A BULLET BY HIM DECIDING TO OPT OUT". 
BUT IT DIDN'T END... BECAUSE TREY FELT COMPELLED TO LAUNCH THIS LITTLE GEM OF AN ATTACK E-MAIL BACK AT ED:

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Trey Capnerhurst <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net
mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net> > wrote:
Edward Vanderzouwen:
You've already wasted our time. The numerous emails and links didn't already tell you "who we are"? And what pray did you discover from someone else that you couldn't find out from all the information we freely gave, since you were clearly so eager a few hours before?  We only have two openings. My jouneywoman fought for your inclusion, whereas I was more skeptical. She convinced me to give you a chance. It will be a good reminder for her to focus on teaching and helping women  first, so at least dealing with you will have been of some use.  Since it is your adolescent habit to believe stories spread by
others, your behavior towards us, particularly your dismissive tone, certainly gives us every indication of your character. We intend to make that clear to all of our acquaintance. We will be especially diligent to those who have any inclination to date you. Mostly to teach you not to hear or spread rumours, but also because it will be funny.
Trey "Google me anytime you want" Capnerhurst
P.S. If you were to show some adult behavior and sincerely apologize, esp. if you were clear on why you did your best to be such an asshole, we might all chose to put this behind us. Somehow, I doubt it. So if that will be all, we will end this entertaining and delightful conversation forever. I also highly recommend that you look up my article on the mechanics of curses on Witchvox, of which I am somewhat of an expert. Someone like you will certainly need it in future.


I THINK THE WITCH IS MAD NOW.  NO...I KNOW IT.  AND WAIT A SECOND.  DID SHE JUST *CURSE* ED?  SERIOUSLY? 

TO WHICH ED REPLIES:
From: edward vanderzouwen <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ed.vanderzouwen@gmail.com
<mailto:ed.vanderzouwen%40gmail.com> >
Date: Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: Apprentice Opportunity
 To: Trey Capnerhurst <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net>

Your right I used a dismisive tone and I do apolagize for that, when I fiquare out I would not be a good fit as your apprentice.
Edward Vanderzouwen


AND THEN ED THINKS ABOUT IT AND DECIDES THAT HE ACTUALLY IS SOMEWHAT PERTURBED BY HIS TREATMENT BY TREY AND CONTACTS ROBERT JOHNSTON (TREY'S BOSS AT THE GREEN PARTY), WHO THEN (AS HE SHOULD) FORWARDS ED'S COMPLAINT TO TREY.

From: "Robert Johnston" <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ecojohnston@gmail.com
mailto:ecojohnston%40gmail.com
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 1:08 PM
To: "Trey Capnerhurst" <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net
<mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net> >
Subject: GPC - Uncertain riding supporter Ed Vanderzouwen

Hi Trey,
I had an email from an Edward Vanderzouwen (http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ed.vanderzouwen@gmail.com mailto:ed.vanderzouwen%40gmail.com>  ) who said there was absolutely no way he would vote for you and he wanted to become the candidate. ... I told him that if he wanted to support the Green Party (he did), then it would make sense to support the local campaigns, become known to those in the party and try to get experience with people, issues and gain some credit as a party supporter. His immediate response was to simply say that he wouldn't vote for you.  He got back to me this week asking how
to contact the EDA, so I gave him your name and email as CEO. ..
Is this him: http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_sh.html?a=caab
<http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_sh.html?a=caab&id=5870> &id=5870   I found  several Edmonton results for that name in Google, seems like the same person.
Robert
 --
Robert Johnston
Prairies Organizer, Green Party of Canada
cell: 403 402-7830 email: http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=robert.johnston@greenparty.ca
<mailto:robert.johnston%40greenparty.ca>
Twitter: Robert_Johnston Facebook: Robert Craig Johnston
skype: robert.johnston888 www.greenparty.ca
Sent from a wind-powered computer: Bullfrog Power!

Forwarded to me by Ed Vanderzouwen:
Dairine I writing to aplogize to you. I misunderstood who I was speaking to so I am sorry that my tone and intend were so poorly chosen. Though I have never met Trey, she has bad mouth me and our store and there seems to be a basis for women it did not make sense for me to waste any more of > yours or mine time. Again I am sorry if I seemed dismisive I
just expressed my self before stoping to consider what I was doing.


SO NOW ED HAS APOLOGIZED TO *BOTH* TREY AND DAIRINE.  HE AS ALSO ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THERE APPEARS TO BE A STEEP BIAS AGAINST HIM IN THIS WHOLE "APPRENTICE CHOOSING PROCESS" BECAUSE HE IS MALE.  IS THIS SEXISM?  AFFIRMATIVE ACTION?  BIGOTRY? 

ALTHOUGH THE HEADER IS CUT OFF, THIS IS TREY'S REPLY TO ROBERT:

Yes, that's him.
 http://www.facebook.com/home.php# <http://www.facebook.com/home.php>
!/profile.php?id=660666411
He has been bothering me and my staff for quite some time. I have a few emails from him myself that are entirely inappropriate and offensive.  He has since apologized for his behavior, but it looks like he's at it again.  He's never been a party supporter to my knowledge and doesn't work in this riding. I don't believe that he lives here, either, so it would be a moot point about voting for me. It's more of a professional conflict than anything else, since he applied to be one of my apprentices.  I will take care of the situation, and thanks so much for bringing it to my attention!
Trey
http://misticalacscents.etsy.com/
Organic, fair trade, handmade herbal treats and cosmetics.
Blog: http://gifts-of-nature.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Treasach
http://www.facebook.com/GiftsofNature
http://facebook.com/TreyCapnerhurstGreenParty


WHAAA?  IT ALMOST APPEARS AS THOUGH TREY IS ACCUSING ED OF STALKING HER AND DAIRINE.  WHICH IS INTERESTING BECAUSE SHE ADMITS THAT SHE HAD TO LOOK HIM UP ON FACEBOOK TO EVEN FIGURE OUT, AT THIS POINT, WHO HE WAS.
AND HOW IS IT CONSIDERED STALKING WHEN A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY MAKES ENQUIRIES TO PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SOURCES AND ASKS "HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED WITH THE ELECTORAL PROCESS"? 

AND WHAT IS THIS "ENTIRELY INAPPROPRIATE AND OFFENSIVE" TREY IS TALKING ABOUT?  I MEAN, WHO CALLED WHOM A "JERK" FIRST?  AND WHO LOBBED THE CURSE AT WHOM?  BUT SADLY  THIS IS JUST THE FIRST SIGN THAT TREY IS PERHAPS NOT AS IN TOUCH WITH THE SAME VERSION OF REALITY AS THE REST OF US...

IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO POINT OUT THAT ED DOES IN FACT LIVE IN THE EDMONTON EAST RIDING (TREY'S) AND THAT HE'S ALWAYS WANTED TO BE INVOLVED WITH THE GREEN PARTY AND WOULD VOTE GREEN EXCEPT THAT HE REFUSES TO SUPPORT TREY'S CANDIDACY (AN OPINION THAT I AND MANY, MANY OF MY FRIENDS WHO LIVE HERE SHARE).

ALSO, WHAT I FIND FASCINATING IS THAT TREY FELT COMPELLED TO FOWARD A COPY OF THIS TO STOREINFO@WHEREFAERIESLIVE.COM.  I HONESTLY THINK SHE WAS ATTEMPTING TO DISCREDIT ED BY TATTLING ON HIM TO HIS BUSINESS PARTNER.  I DON'T THINK SHE REALIZED THAT CHRIS IS ED'S HUSBAND AND BECAUSE OF THAT HER GAMBIT FAILED MISERABLY.

TO WHICH CHRIS REPLIED TO HER:

>>>> From: <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=storeinfo@wherefaerieslive.com
<mailto:storeinfo%40wherefaerieslive.com> >
>>>> Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 3:16 PM
>>>> To: "Trey Capnerhurst" <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net
<mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net> >
Subject: Re: GPC - Uncertain riding supporter Ed Vanderzouwen

Dear Ms. Capnerhurst:
It is with great concern that I read your letter. It pains me greatly to hear that you think someone associated with Where Faeries Live is behaving in such a grossly unprofessional manner toward you.  We at Where Faeries Live strive to be as
customer service oriented as we can and we work hard to build bridges (not burn them).  As we do not like to confront people without proof, would you kindly please forward the offending e-mails sent by Mr Vanderzouwen to you so that we may have all the information about the situation before we discuss it with him?  Additionally, are you willing to come down and engage in an open discussion with Mr. Vanderzouwen so that we may resolve whatever issues there may be between you two?  Again, we are striving for community building within the Pagan community and would like to do whatever we can to resolve whatever animosity may be  between you.
I can be reached at 780-454-0187. If I'm not in when you call, please leave a message with our storefront staff with a suitable contact number and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Chris
Hepburn
Manager,
Where Faeries Live
 
TO WHICH TREY SAYS, ON HER BEST BEHAVIOUR BECAUSE SHE THINKS SHE'S DEALING WITH SOMEONE WHOM SHE CAN PULL ONE OVER ON AND DISCREDIT ED:

Hi, Chris!
We were very much looking forward to joining you again at Beltaine, one of our favourite events of the year, but my apprentice has yet to make it down to the store to reserve our space with the deposit, largely due to this incident. By no means a timid person, she has nevertheless found other  things to do than head down and possibly encounter Mr. Vanderzouwen, something she would rather avoid.


OKAY - I'VE GOT TO BREAK IN HERE.  DOES IT SOUND TO YOU LIKE TREY IS ACCUSING ED OF ATTEMPTING TO INTIMDATE DAIRINE?  HAS ED SAID ANYTHING (KEEPING IN MIND THAT YOU'VE SEEN ALL THE COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN HIM AND TREY AND DAIRINE PRECEEDING THIS) TO IMPLY OR OVERTLY THREATEN ANYONE?  IF YOU KNEW ED, AS I DO, YOU'D REALIZE WHAT A BIZARRE IDEA THIS EVEN IS.
TREY GOES ON:

I would be delighted to set up an appointment with you to ensure our participation in that event, as well as take care of any remnants of this problem as well.  I, too, am quite baffled at the vigor with which Mr. Vanderzouwen has been pursuing us. I have an example of some of the emails he sent that might give some idea of the problem, which I will send to follow, but the correspondence was begun with his application from Kijiji

UM, NO, IT WAS WITCHVOX.  BUT DO GO ON... 

to my apprentice, so I can't really produce them all. I took over after it started getting out of hand, since she is rather new at this, and she shouldn't have to deal  with this kind of harassment. He has never yet stated at what his issue is with me, though he has slightly hinted what it might be to my apprentice.  I have been very clear about our desire to discontinue all contact,

"BUT DON'T WORRY.  WE WILL MEET AGAIN".  REMEMBER THAT FROM TREY'S EARLIER MESSAGE?  WHICH VERSION OF REALITY ARE YOU GOING WITH HERE, TREY?  BECAUSE I'M GETTING CONFUSED.

 and I thought he was willing to drop it. I certainly was. But now I hear from > the Alberta Green provincial organizer that Mr. Vanderzouwen is going out of his way to cast aspersions on my candidacy and character. This is totally unacceptable behavior, and since I am not doing anything to encourage it, I have no idea what is necessary to stop it. I will, however, take  whatever action is required to deal with this if it continues, especially with an election coming up. I
have absolutely no wish to have to make a mess in front of the press. They just love trying to make an issue of my religion.


AND I WANT TO BE CRYSTAL CLEAR HERE: MY ISSUE WITH TREY HAS ABSOLUTELY *NOTHING* TO DO WITH HER RELIGION (EVEN IF I BELIEVE HER BEHAVIOUR SHOWS HER TO BE A DISCREDIT TO THE WORD "WITCH" AS I USE IT TO DESCRIBE FOLLOWERS OF THIS PARTICULAR SPIRITUAL PATH). 

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT SHE'S BULLYING, THREATENING, MAKING UP OUTRIGHT LIES AGAINST A LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, AND MAKING PUBLIC THESE FANTASIES IN AN ATTEMPT TO DESTROY HIS BUSINESS AND REPUTATION...OR AS THE GREEN PARTY WOULD CALL IT "SOCIAL ABUSE"

 As a secular democracy, however, the Canadian public hasn't yet bitten, since we usually find the discussion of the religious inclinations of political figures to be most distasteful. So far, I believe that being nationally Outed in my first election, though without my permission, has  done nothing but good for pagan PR in Canada . But with a juicy pagan stalker story, or a seeming "witch war", I doubt I could keep any of us out of a press smear campaign. They get so bored and look for almost anything to relieve the tedium.  Though I don't actually wish that on anyone, if his character requires that he absolutely must try to make a mess of someone's life, I would very much
rather Mr. Vanderzouwen make another his "special project".
Someone more deserving of his wrath. Perhaps a person who has actually wronged him in some way...
Trey
780 477 2540
http://misticalacscents.etsy.com/
Organic, fair trade, handmade herbal treats and cosmetics.
Blog: http://gifts-of-nature.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Treasach
http://www.facebook.com/GiftsofNature
http://facebook.com/TreyCapnerhurstGreenParty


NOTICE TOO HOW TREY IS TRYING VERY HARD TO SEEM REASONABLE AND HAS VERY FIRMLY ENTRENCHED HERSELF IN "VICTIM STATUS"...WHICH AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED IS A PASSIVE- AGGRESSIVE FORM OF BULLYING AND CERTAINLY NEGATES HER CLAIM AS A SELF-EMPOWERED WOMAN.
ALSO, IMPORTANT TO NOTE HERE: TREY NEVER DID FORWARD ANY OF HER CORRESPONDENCE TO CHRIS (I THINK SHE REALIZED THAT BY DOING SO SHE WOULD COMPROMISE THE FINELY WOVEN TAPESTRY OF HER ALTERNATE UNIVERSE). 

CHRIS' REPLY TO TREY (NOTICE WHO ALL IT'S BEEN CC'D TO) ALSO, ALTHOUGH IT'S LONG AND SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT TO WADE THROUGH, REALLY *DO* READ IT:

From: <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=storeinfo@wherefaerieslive.com
mailto:storeinfo%40wherefaerieslive.com
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 1:24 PM
To: "Trey Capnerhurst" <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net

Cc: <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=robert.johnston@greenparty.ca
mailto:robert.johnston%40greenparty.ca> >; <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ed.vanderzouwen@gmail.com
mailto:ed.vanderzouwen%40gmail.com> >;
http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=greenserene@telus.net mailto:greenserene%40telus.net
Subject: Re: GPC - Uncertain riding supporter Ed Vanderzouwen

Hi Trey:

As a small business owner yourself, as well as a political hopeful for the  Green Party, I'm sure you understand the need to do everything you can to protect your business as well as your good reputation.  We feel the
same way about our own business (Where Faeries Live). It's hard not to when you've poured all of your energy and your life savings into a venture and, like you, we certainly would rather avoid a messy, public "witch war" that benefits no one.

That being said, while I understand that feelings are running high...and I really hate to pick at this and possibly cause further hurt feelings...I have few things I'm curious about here.

Mr. Vanderzouwen has forwarded copies what appears to be a complete exchange between you, your journeywoman, and himself (as well as, apparently, the Western region head of the Green Party.)   I have also copied and pasted various parts of the exchange between you two in order to highlight some of the points of my letter. I have included all of these letters between you and Mr. Vanderzouwen, in their entirety, at the very end of this message so that they may be
viewed in their
proper context. If these messages were in some way fabricated by Mr. Vanderzouwen, please let me know immediately.   As they stand, I'm going to take them as a true record of communications between you.
I have also spoken at great length with Mr. Vanderzouwen about his "side" of this story and what he tells me is somewhat at odds with how he is being portrayed in your e-mail to me.

My understanding of the situtation is as follows:

You/your journeywoman posted an ad looking for an herbal apprentice on Witchvox. You both used your craft names in this ad.  Mr. Vanderzouwen was not aware that you had a craft name and as a result, replied to the ad expressing interest in the program you were offering not realizing who he was actually making that appointment with.  After making initial arrangements to meet, the "penny dropped" as it were, and he then sent an e-mail to your journeywoman saying that he just figured out who had placed the ad and that he was no longer interested. Although the e-mail from him appears to be quite abrupt, I cannot see
anything inappropriate about the wording or the tone. A piece of the puzzle you might not know is that Mr. Vanderzouwen has a learning disability (dysgraphia) which makes writing and typing things such as e-mail extremely difficult for him.  As we know, sometimes true intent is lost when we are using media other than face-to-face contact to communicate and this effect is greatly magnified when you throw in an additional complication like this. Even in spite of  this, however, I cannot honestly say that Mr. Vanderzouwen was being inappropriate in his initial letter to you and your journeywoman. 
From what I can tell of your reply to Mr. Vanderzouwen, it appears you were greatly offended by his rejection of you and it appears you are accusing him of listening to malicious lies and gossip about you.
I have discussed this with Mr. Vanderzouwen and it appears the issues he  has with you are fairly well grounded in the facts of his own experience.

He cites that in 2005 there was an e-mail made by you to the Alberta Reclaiming Yahoogroup mailing list saying something to the essence of "don't shop at Where Faeries Live. They're fluffy bunnies there and with respect to herbs, don't know what they're talking about".  Understandably, he took offense that an established member of the Pagan community would say something, completely unprovoked and on a public forum he was not a member of (and ostenstibly would never get to see the post...) that is so damaging to his business's credibilty. At the time he chose to let it slide and not respond or defend the store's good name.

Unfortunately I do not have the original e-mail and the archives don't appear to go that far back on Yahoo. If you can find them, I'd be interested to read the original message's exact wording.
The second incident was a particularly nasty Facebook exchange between you, two other members of the Pagan community, and Fred Canus Domesticus (the avatar for the Where Faeries Live Facebook account). Since the original posts were removed (in order to protect the good name of our business) unfortunately I cannot reproduce them here. I do know that the exchange happened in September 2010 and involved one of our customers asking for advice on the medical use of essential oils for his lung ailment (for which he had already been prescribed antibiotics by his doctor) which devolved into a very long and completely unasked-for diatribe on your part about the oppression of traditional healing wisdom by the "patriarchally dominated medical establishment". I believe the words "you are using your male privilege to oppress me as a woman" were uttered and, much like what happens when Godwin's Law
(as soon as you call someone a "Nazi" the discussion is for all intents and purposes over
because there's not coming back from that) is invoked in a flame war, it was at this point that you were blocked from the Where Faeries Live Facebook account.

Now if my rendering of these facts is inaccurate, please correct me because I would much rather know the truth of the matter. 
I do know that, when I polled a few friends and asked what their Facebook experiences with you were, a long time elder of the Pagan community said she had to block you from her Facebook account "a long time ago because of Trey's paranoid rantings" on her Wall. No, I am not making this up in an  effort to hurt or insult you. These are just the facts as I know them to be.

The third basis for Mr. Vanderzouwen withdrawing his interest in your herbal apprentice program is that, as a long-standing, well-connected member of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), he had a front row seat to the incident that happened around 2001 that involved you attempting to run a Bardic-A&S event on behalf of the SCA, deposits made on three halls, SCA Inc. stepping in and relieving you of the position before the event due to accusations on their part of your gross financial
negligence
with their money, and allegations of mail theft made by you (and apparently an attempted lawsuit by you against the SCA) when an officer of the SCA came to your house and retrieved from your roommate, one of the hall deposit refund cheques that had been mailed to your personal home address.

It was decided by him at the time that your actions indicated that you would not be someone with whom he would want to interact with...either professionally or otherwise.

Again, these are the facts as I know them. If anything above is inaccurate, please feel free to set me straight.
Back to this most recent exchange between you and Mr. Vanderzouwen, a few salient points come out:
First off, although you've said in your e-mail to ME that you have made it very clear to Mr. Vanderzouwen that you wish no further contact from him, yet in the e-mail sent to him on 22 February 2011 you say:

 "On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Trey Capnerhurst <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net
mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net>  wrote:

Excellent. That means we don't have to cancel you. But don't worry.  We'll meet you again.
Trey"
It also appears that that the threats, name calling and hostility appear to have initially originated with you and your journeywoman, NOT with Mr. Vanderzouwen:
"From: Dairine
 Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:54 PM
 To: 'Trey Capnerhurst'
Subject: FW: Apprentice Opportunity
Not sure what to say to him, if anything. From what I saw he is part owner of Where Faeries Live, friends with Kintair and probably involved with the SCA.. And apparently a jerk."
That being said, I understand that there might some annoyance on your part by the perception that Mr. Vanderzouwen was purposely wasting your time or attempting to antagonize you by his initial expression of interest and then subsequent rejection of your offer. After speaking to Mr.  Vanderzouwen I see that this was not the case. He earnestly did wish a spot in your apprentice program, however, he admits that the past history between him and you would likely have prejudiced the relationship to the point that it would have eventually become untenable and a much greater waste of time and resources in the end had he pursued it. By hastily withdrawing his interest, he was actually ATTEMPTING TO AVERT the very crisis we're looking at now.
A little background about me: I have been involved with Where Faeries Live ( Edmonton 's only Wiccan/Pagan oriented shop) since 2005. I have managed the store and worked storefront since 2007. In the last four years I have interacted with a great many members of Edmonton 's Pagan community - from absolute newcomers to Elders who have served this community for 20 years more.

In this time, what I have learned about Wicca, Witchcraft, and its practitioners is that virtually all of them practice a belief system of "harm none, do what ye will". Cursing, hexing, and ill-wishing are
things that, according to a great many witches, are behaviours that are frowned upon and that having such destructive impulses is generally a sign that one must engage in some soul healing. When individuals come into our store looking for supplies or advice on how best to hex their
enemies, we
always recommend alternative, less spirtually damaging courses of action.
I admit I am greatly concerned by some of the things said by you (via e-mail) to Mr. Vanderzouwen, especially in light of the fact that your response appears to be have been caused by a minor, unintended slight by Mr. Vanderzouwen:
"On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Trey Capnerhurst <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net
mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net> >wrote:
Edward Vanderzouwen:
You've already wasted our time. The numerous emails and links didn't already tell you "who we are"? And what pray did you discover from someone else that you couldn't find out from all the nformation we freely gave, since you were clearly so eager a few hours before?  We only have two openings. My jouneywoman fought for your inclusion, whereas I was more skeptical. She convinced me to give you a chance. It will be a good reminder for her to focus on teaching and helping women first, so at least dealing with you will have been of some use.  Since it is your adolescent habit to believe stories spread by others, your behavior towards us, particularly your dismissive tone, certainly gives us every indication of your character. We intend to make that clear to all of our acquaintance. We will be especially diligent to those who have any inclination to
date you. Mostly to teach you not to hear or spread rumours, but also because it will be funny.
Trey "Google me anytime you want" Capnerhurst
P.S. If you were to show some adult behavior and sincerely apologize, esp. if you were clear on why you did your best to be such an asshole, we might all chose to put this behind us. Somehow, I doubt it. So if that will be all, we will end this entertaining and delightful conversation forever.  I also highly recommend that you look up my article on the mechanics of curses on Witchvox, of which I am somewhat of an expert. Someone like you will certainly need it in future."

If someone unknown to me (and who did not have your august credentials) came into our place of business and presented like this, I honestly admit that I would seriously question the mental status of the person standing  before me. I am especially worried by this part:
"Since it is your adolescent habit to believe stories spread by others, your behavior towards us, particularly your dismissive tone, certainly gives us every indication of your character. We intend to make that clear to all of our acquaintance. We will be especially diligent to those who have any inclination to date you. Mostly to teach you not to hear or spread rumours, but also because it will be funny."

 "...because it will be funny?" How does saying such a thing respect Mr. Vanderzouwen, yourself, or your standing as a political representative? It does suggest to me, however, that you are either not taking this seriously or that if you are, there are greater issues here than the simple miscommunication between you and a potential apprentice.

Without making any guesses as to what has happened in your personal life to date, I admit that I really have to wonder if perhaps you are judging  Mr. Vanderzouwen far more harshly than you would were he a woman in this same situation. In fact, were roles reversed and Mr. Vanderzouwen the woman and you the man, e-mails such as the one above would be very strong grounds for a
restraining order and other possible legal action carried out against you.
I want to go on record that this is not in any way a criticism of your spiritual path. My entire professional and personal life is steeped in the Pagan community and it is not up to me to judge others based on their own choice of spirtual path. My own spiritual beliefs are that people have the freedom to believe whatever they wish...as long as they're not hurting themselves or others by the practice of that belief.
Threatening and abusive exchanges such as the one above have no place in a discussion whose aims are a professional, courteous resolution of an innocent misunderstanding. 
Mr. Vanderzouwen has apologized to both you and your journeywoman for his unintended slight and yet it appears to be that you are the one who is holding the grudge. As far as I can see, at this point, it is Mr. Vanderzouwen who is owed an apology.

With respect to Mr. Vanderzouwen's enquiries to the Green Party.  After talking to him, I do not believe he is "out to get your spot" as candidate. He was merely expressing his interest in the process as well expressing his hesitance to support the Green Party locally.  He does actually happen to live in your riding and he does not believe that, in  light of his past experiences with you (as well as this most recent exchange between you) that you would be able to represent his interests in government.
I'm not sure how to resolve the issues between you or even if, in light of the information already exchanged between you, they could be resolved by the likes of me. I encourage you to put aside your hurt feelings and anger and meet with Mr. Vanderzouwen directly so that you two can resolve your differences like the spiritually evolved entities that I know you both are.
If you like, I can try to have a third-party mediator present to ensure that the feelings, reputation (and safety) of everyone concerned can be respected.
I await your reply.

Chris Hepburn
Manager, co-owner
Where Faeries Live.


TO WHICH TREY REPLIES (AND DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THAT FIRST PARAGRAPH?  YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT BEING DISMISSIVE?):

I certainly appreciate the effort you went to in writing this out. I've only skimmed the bulk of it, since there are, unfortunately, so many errors that I don't know where to begin. So please forgive me if I've missed answering some of these grave charges against me.
I'll therefore be brief.

Neither Dani nor I were using our craft names in the ad. It is a  legitimate offer of teaching herbalism to the next generation and I haven't used my craft name in 15 years. Treasach is the long form of Trey. Dani is just changing her name to Dairine as part of her current path. I have no idea
who he thought we were or why we didn't meet those expectations. I admit I was very annoyed at his abruptness, and chastised him for it, largely as a lesson to journeywoman about self-esteem, the importance of what we do, and not feeling disempowered by those who dismiss us. The "jerk" part was in fact completely my fault. I sent a forwarded email without editing it  first, and when I realized I had left that in, I was mortified, but I didn't see any way of fixing it or saving face. Since I wasn't feeling inclined to apologize to him, nor did I think
it would do any good, and I really didn't want to keep this up, I just let it go. I did think we would see him again at Beltaine or at another event, so I reminded him about seeing him around because of that. Perhaps I should have been more clear that I wanted us
to simply not bother with this, since we are all in the same community.

I have no idea who Fred Canus Domesticus was. I was friends on Facebook because he/she/it was common friends with many of the other witches in the community, so I knew I must know them from somewhere. It was obviously an avatar or nom de plume, but I certainly didn't know who's until tonight.  The reason I was given when cut off from the account, in the private rant I  received, was because they didn't like the Facebook status I put up during our lively discussion. The status was actually for a friend in Toronto , but they obviously interpreted it as a comment meant for them. If they have bothered to inquire, but they didn't. I am a professional in the CAM   industry, and the misinformation they were casually throwing around about conventional medicine was propaganda. I said so, and was attacked. I don't really care about being attacked, but I loathe inaccuracies,
and


...THE OFFENDING POST IN QUESTION WAS ACTUALLY ON THE WHERE FAERIES LIVE FACEBOOK WALL.  IT WAS REPEATED UNSOLICITED POSTINGS BY TREY IN RESPONSE TO A QUESTION A CUSTOMER HAD ASKED WHERE FAERIES LIVE (NOT TREY) ABOUT A MEDICAL AILMENT.  ANOTHER CUSTOMER WAS OFFERING MEDICAL ADVICE ON THE USES OF ESSENTIAL OILS TO TREAT A PROBLEM FOR WHICH THE ORIGINAL QUERANT HAD ALREADY BEEN PRESCRIBED ANTIBIOTICS BY HIS DOCTOR BUT FOR WHATEVER REASON HE HAD NOT YET STARTED TAKING.  IT WAS  FAERIES' STANCE WAS THAT THE ORIGINAL POSTER SHOULD TAKE THE MEDICATION AS PRESCRIBED, SINCE IT IS NOT THE STORE'S PLACE (OR OTHER CUSTOMERS') TO BE OFFERING MEDICAL ADVICE. 

TREY'S RANT (AND YES, IT WAS A RANT) WAS ABOUT THE OPRESSION OF TRADITIONAL HEALING MODALITIES BY MODERN MEDICINE.  I'M TOLD THAT IF IT HAD JUST BEEN ONE OR TWO POSTS BY TREY, FAERIES WOULD HAVE LEFT THEM UP, HOWEVER, BECAUSE SHE JUST KEPT POSTING AND BECAME INCREASINGLY ABUSIVE AND WOULDN'T STOP,  EVENTUALLY THEY HAD TO REMOVE THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION FROM THE FACEBOOK WALL AND BLOCK TREY FROM ACCESSING THEIR PAGE.

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW TREY'S VERSION OF REALITY DIFFERS SO INCREDIBLY MUCH FROM...ER...ACTUAL REALITY.


TO WHICH CHRIS REPLIES:

From: <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=storeinfo@wherefaerieslive.com
<mailto:storeinfo%40wherefaerieslive.com> >
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:55 AM
To: "Trey Capnerhurst" <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net <mailto:cageytlc%40telus.net> >
Cc: "Dairine" <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=greenserene@telus.net <mailto:greenserene%40telus.net> >
Subject: Re: GPC - Uncertain riding supporter Ed Vanderzouwen

Thank you for your timely response to my letter.

I admit that I am disappointed that you could not be bothered to take the time and effort to address the real issues at hand but instead chose to focus on the weakest and most easily challenged aspects of my letter. I can only interpret that your silence on all of the other points I made means that you concede to the correctness of the facts as I have stated them.

Forgive me for making a personal observation but it seems to me you spend a great deal of time defending youself against imagined infringements of your rights, claiming "victim" status and accusing people who disagree with you of being "dismissive", especially if they happen to be of the male gender. It astonishes me then, how quickly you resort to exactly the same tactics in your own treatment of others. Sexism is repugnant regardless of the gender of the person practising it.

I also want to say that, regardless of gender, there are ample ways of asserting one's point without having to resort to being a "bitch". I find it fascinating that while you are publicly advocating for the elimination of political smear campaigns, you appear to have absolutlely no compunction whatsoever engaging in them when it comes to the other spheres of your life.

I honestly believe that this for this reason, as well as your refusal to participate in any kind of meaningful communication, or even (as you have yourself acknowledged) to fully read any message sent to you by me, that there is no way to come to a resolution to the animosity by you toward Mr. Vanderzouwen(and, apparently now, myself).

I will not lend any more of my precious energy to this obviously futile exercise.

Good day to you.

Chris

P.S. With respect to the Beltaine Faire - we are not running this event. We are, as a favour to the organizers, acting as the public drop point for vendor applications. Feel free to mail your application in because frankly I've no wish to continue to deal with you and the profoundly sad and angry energy you bring into my life.

The address is:
Beltaine Faire
c/o Where Faeries Live
10991 - 124 Street,
Edmonton , AB

T5M 0H9

TAKE SPECIAL NOTE OF THE FACT THAT CHRIS HAS PROVIDED AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF CONTACT TO USE FOR SUBMITTING THAT APPLICATION FORM.  IT'S IMPORTANT TO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT BECAUSE TREY ACTUALLY ACCUSES ED/CHRIS/WHERE FAERIES LIVE OF ATTEMPTING TO USE THEIR INFLUENCE TO UNFAIRLY DENY HER ACCESS TO VENDING HER PRODUCT AT A LOCAL CRAFT SALE (THE BELTAINE FAIRE).

From: http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=albertareclaiming@yahoogroups.ca
[mailto:http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=albertareclaiming@yahoogroups.ca] On Behalf Of Trey Capnerhurst
Sent: March-14-11 8:32 AM
To: http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=albertareclaiming@yahoogroups.ca
Subject: [albertareclaiming] Fw: GPC - Uncertain riding supporter
Ed
Vanderzouwen

I forward this only so ppl know what's going on. I have found that the only time that rumour can really get going is when some folks, like me, don't say anything so that others don't have their lives or character ruined, esp. when they look back with regret at their foolishness. Or in hopes that it will just go away. But I have found that often doesn't work, and instead,
the quiet one must have been guilty all along. If everyone is informed or kept abreast, then no one can distort the facts later.

So does anybody know where I can book a table at the Beltiane Faire?

In the real world, ppl get sued for defamation of character when they spread easily disprovable rumours. Esp. when they contact their bosses about them.

Treasach

http://misticalacscents.etsy.com/
Organic, fair trade, handmade
herbal treats and cosmetics.
Blog: http://gifts-of-nature.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Treasach
http://www.facebook.com/GiftsofNature
http://facebook.com/TreyCapnerhurstGreenParty


YEP, YOU GUESSED IT.  TREY FORWARDED THE ENTIRE THING TO A PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE E-MAIL GROUP UNDER THE GUISE OF WHAT I INTERPRET AS "I JUST THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW WHAT THIS EVIL S.O.B. IS DOING TO ME".  A LARGE NUMBER OF ED'S STORE'S CUSTOMERS ARE ALSO ON THIS E-LIST. 


I CAN ONLY ASSUME TREY DID THIS IN AN EFFORT TO PUBLICLY DISCREDIT HIM (WHEN TATTLING ON HIM TO HIS PARTNER DIDN'T WORK).  I FIND THIS ALL ESPECIALLY IRONIC SEEING AS HOW THE GREEN PARTY IS AGAINST SMEAR CAMPAIGNS AND YET HERE'S THEIR OWN CANDIDATE ENGAGING IN ONE AGAINST A LOCAL BUSINESS.
AT THIS POINT, ONE OF THE LONGTIME MEMBERS OF THE RECLAIMING GROUP SUGGESTS THAT THIS PERSONAL MATTER BE TAKEN TO PRIVATE E-MAIL, TO WHICH TREY RESPONDS:

----March 14, 2011  In albertareclaiming@yahoogroups.ca, "Trey Capnerhurst" <cageytlc@...> wrote:

 I originally thought so, too, but they seem to be going out of their way to stalk me on FB and in the Greens by writing letters to my organizer saying I should be removed.  I've blocked them where I can, but it does mean that they have chosen to make this public.  I just want to be certain that the facts are known, and that my business doesn't suffer because they are making it difficult for me to get into, say, Beltaine Faire.
 
Seriously.  I'm just trying to move forward, get a table, and to ensure that their obsession doesn't continue in more weird drama.  I really do not have time for this.
 
Trey
 
AND WHILE IT IS TRUE THAT ED AND CHRIS EXPRESSED THEIR CONCERNS (AS WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE) TO TREY'S SUPERIORS AT THE GREEN PARTY, PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WAS TREY WHO TOOK IT UPON HERSELF TO UPLOAD THESE PRIVATE MESSAGES  TO THE ALBERTA RECLAIMING GROUP.  AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, UNTIL THAT POINT, THIS WHOLE MESS WAS CONTAINED BETWEEN ED, CHRIS, TREY, DAIRINE, AND THE GREEN PARTY.
 
NOW IT'S OBVIOUS THAT CHRIS IS STARTING TO LOSE PATIENCE WITH HER WHEN HE SAYS:
 
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 1:29 PM  
To: albertareclaiming@yahoogroups.ca
 Subject: [albertareclaiming] Re: Fw: GPC - Uncertain riding supporter Ed Vanderzouwen
 
Hi Trey...
 
As I said in my private letter to you, because you've already stated that you and your apprentice are not comfortable coming into our store, you are more than welcome to mail in your application.
 
If the cost of the stamp and envelope is too much of a financial burden for you, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you when I see you at Beltaine Faire.
 
Have a good day!
 
Chris

 TO WHICH TREY REPLIES:

-- March 18, 2011In albertareclaiming@yahoogroups.ca, "Trey Capnerhurst" <cageytlc@...> wrote:
 
You lose the claim to privacy after you spend ungodly hours looking through a private women's egroup for references to your store, asking other people's opinions about me, and spreading malicious gossip about events that didn't even occur. My only goal in making this dispute even more public is to stop it.  Today.  Transparency helps ensure that no one is claiming anything that isn't true.
 
GENTLE READER, PLEASE TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THAT PARAGRAPH ABOVE BECAUSE IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT TREY AND THE STYLE OF POLITICKING SHE'S REALLY ABOUT.   MY QUESTION IS THIS: HOW DOES SHARING A PRIVATE BUNCH OF DIRTY LAUNDRY ON A PUBLIC VENUE DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN INFLAME THE ISSUE?  OR, IS IT (AS I AM INCLINED TO BELIEVE) AN OVERT FORM OF BULLYING, BY TREY, AGAINST CHRIS AND ED. IE. "I'M GOING TO MAKE MESSING WITH ME AS PAINFUL AS I POSSIBLY CAN, IN AS PUBLIC A WAY AS I CAN SO YOU WILL SEE THAT I'M NOT WORTH BOTHERING WITH.  AND I'M GOING TO DO IT IN SUCH A WAY THAT A GOOD CHUNK OF YOUR CUSTOMER BASE IS GOING TO WITNESS THIS...WITH THE HOPE THEY WILL THINK YOU'RE AS POOPY AS I THINK YOU ARE AND THUS NOT SHOP AT YOUR STORE SO THAT YOU GO BANKRUPT AND ARE NO LONGER A PERCEIVED THREAT TO ME OR MY BUSINESS." 
 
AND WHILE WE'RE AT IT, I WANT YOU TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING: IF TREY WERE THE MAN IN THIS EQUATION AND ED WERE THE WOMAN, WOULD NOT TREY'S WORDS AND ACTIONS BE TAKEN INFINTELY MORE SERIOUSLY AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS?  
 
IF ED WERE SAYING THE THINGS TO HER THAT SHE IS ACCSUING HIM OF, AND ENGAGED IN SUCH BULLYING OF HER, THREATENING OF HER, AND ATTEMPTING TO DISCREDIT HER BUSINESS ETC, (AS SHE IS DOING TO HIM) WOULD PEOPLE SUCH AS HER SUPERIORS AT THE GREEN PARTY JUST BE LOOKING THE OTHER WAY? 
 
WHY DOES THE SIMPLE FACT THAT TREY IS FEMALE MAKE HER ACTIONS "OKAY" OR AT LEAST SILENTLY TOLERATED AND THUS TACITLY CONDONED?  AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES SOMETHING VERY, VERY WRONG HERE?  ISN'T SEXISM, PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY, BULLYING, SLANDER, AND INTIMIDATION WRONG, REGARDLESS OF THE GENDER OF THE PERSON ENGAGING IN IT?
 
AND TREY GOES ON:
 
You were quite clear that we were not welcome in your store and that you wanted no further contact with us.  And while I would be more than happy to apply elsewhere, we have no information on the address to mail to, nor did you supply it.
 
??? THE ADDRESS WAS CLEARLY VISIBLE IN CHRIS' LETTER, THE SAME LETTER TREY HERSELF POSTED ON THE ALBERTA RECLAIMING YAHOO GROUP. 

OH, THAT'S RIGHT...TREY ALREADY SAID THAT SHE DOESN'T ACTUALLY READ INFORMATION SENT TO HER IF SHE DISAGREES WITH IT. THAT'S A HELL OF A WAY TO RUN A CAMPAIGN, DON'T YOU THINK?  IF ON THE SLIM CHANCE HELL FREEZES OVER AND SHE ACTUALLY GOT ELECTED, COULD YOU IMAGINE THE CHAOS THAT WOULD ENSUE FROM HER EXERCISING SUCH PATHETIC INTERPERSONAL SKILLS WITH HER CONSTITUENTS?

HOW ON EARTH WOULD SHE BE ABLE TO ADEQUATELY REPRESENT THE CONCERNS OF THE PEOPLE IN HER RIDING ON A FEDERAL LEVEL?
 
We are making other arrangements to find out that information, and hopefully we can put this matter entirely behind us.   
 
Trey

IN AN ATTEMPT TO CALM THE FUSS, THE ORGANIZER OF THE BELTAINE FAIRE WRITES THE FOLLOWING LETTER TO TREY:

From: "Ali Ravenwood" <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cwaalberta@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:51 AM
To: <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net>
Subject: Beltaine Faire

Dear Ms. Capnerhurst,

It has come to my attention that you have made posts on the Alberta Reclaiming website regarding the Beltaine Faire, alleging that you have been unable to rent a vending table at the Faire. I am somewhat puzzled by this, as you and I have communicated recently about this event, and you did not mention your concerns. As the founder and lead organizer, your questions should have been addressed to me, rather than being posted in a public forum. I hope this letter will explain my position to your satisfaction.

The Beltaine Faire is modeled on a Winnipeg event that has been
running now for 24 years. The Faire is an opportunity for all Wiccan and Pagan groups in Edmonton to come together for a day of
celebration; participants are not permitted to make any profit, and all politics and personal hostilities are put aside in the name of "Perfect love and perfect trust". In order to pay the cost of the hall rental, a limited number of vendors are permitted to sell their wares; vendors are required to adhere to the spirit of the event, and to play nice with others. The Beltaine Faire does not vet products for sale,duplication is permitted, and we do not guarantee profits for vendors,as this would be counterproductive to our vision. I believe I covered
all this in the letter I sent with your registration form.

In reading your posts on the Reclaiming website, it appears that your problem in registering your table stems from a personal dispute with Where Faeries Live, as they are collecting table fees. While I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, I do have a concern; if you are unable to control your hostility towards them in order to register your table, can I trust you to behave in an appropriate manner at the event? Perfect love and perfect trust are required of all participants, including vendors; anyone acting in violation of this philosophy will be asked to leave. In any disputes, preference will be shown to those who have contributed their time and money to the event, as Where Faeries Live has done consistently for the past three years.

Vending at the Beltaine Faire is not a "right"; it is a privilege
bestowed by the organizing committee on those who agree to abide by our philosophy. Given the angry tone of your public posts, I am now questioning your ability to honour this. The Beltaine Faire has no interest in your personal disputes, and if you wish to participate, you will have to leave your grievances at home. I suggest that you adopt our philosophy, cease the public-forum rabble-rousing, and register your table at the store. If you are unable to do this, perhaps this venue is just not for you.

Sincerely,
Ali Ravenwood


TO WHICH TREY REPLIED:

From: Trey Capnerhurst <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cageytlc@telus.net>
Date: Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: Beltaine Faire
To: Ali Ravenwood <http://ca.mc1258.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cwaalberta@gmail.com>

Hi, Ali!

There is no dispute. Fairies forbade us into their establishment to pay the fee, nor did they give us any alternative to pay.


WHAAAT?  DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE?  WHAT ABOUT THAT MAILING ADDRESS CHRIS SO HELPFULLY PROVIDED HER?  AND WHAT'S THIS FORBIDDING INTO THE ESTABLISHMENT NONSENSE?  ALL I SAW FROM CHRIS WAS "HEY, FOR WHATEVER REASON, REAL OR IMAGINED, YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE COMING DOWN TO OUR STORE, WELL, THAT'S OKAY WITH US BECAUSE YOU'RE KINDA CREEPING US OUT.  HERE'S OUR ADDRESS.  SAVE US BOTH SOME GRIEF AND JUST MAIL THAT SUCKER IN". AS FAR AS I CAN SEE, PROBLEM SOLVED.  BUT OF COURSE, IT ISN'T BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE REAL ISSUE AT ALL. 
TREY GOES ON:

I was just finding your email address today. They are criminally cyber-stalking me,

SAY WHAT?  *MORE* SABRE RATTLING?

though I was able to deflect it mostly away from my journeywoman.

...BY CALLING ED A "JERK".  HM.  INTERESTING CONFLICT RESOLUTION TECHNIQUE AND NOT ONE I'M FAMILIAR WITH.

Ed has already abjectly apologized to both of us, citing mental
illness and disability,


DYSGRAPHIA = MENTAL ILLNESS?  REALLY?  I DON'T RECALL SEEING ED CLAIM ANYTHING OTHER THAN A LEARNING DISABILITY.  ACTUALLY, I THINK IT WAS CHRIS WHO SAID IT.  AND ALTHOUGH THERE MIGHT BE AN INSANE PERSON IN THIS EQUATION, IT SURE AS HECK AIN'T ED OR CHRIS.

but a week later, was at it again. I really hoped that Chris could keep him in check, and at first seemed eager to
help, but has leaped wholeheartedly into the breach with him.

I've tried taking an enormous amount of time to reason with them,

..BY BULLYING THEM, THREATENING THEM, CURSING THEM, MAKING AND SPREADING OUTLIGHT LIES TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN...AND OH, RIGHT, CALLING ED A JERK.

and when that didn't work, embarrassing them publicly,

...SHE ACTUALLY ADMITS TO ENGAGING IN SMEAR TACTICS! FOR SHAME.

but they seem to have no conscience about this.

...LOOK IN THE MIRROR, HONEY.

I can't wait until the next bout of lucidity in Ed,

HA HA HA HA!  DOES SHE EVEN BELIEVE WHAT SHE'S SAYING?

so it looks like Peace bonds or other legal action might be the only solution.

HERE COMES THE SABRE RATTLING.  LIKE A BROKEN RECORD, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  IF ANYTHING, I THINK THE GOOD FOLKS AT FAERIES HAVE A MUCH STRONGER CASE FOR DEFAMATION AT THIS POINT.

While I sympathize with mental illness and the distress it creates, it shouldn't be created in my household.

NO COMMENT.

In the spirit of keeping the peace, however, I was going to forgo the very great pleasure of attending Beltaine. It is my favourite event, and will be my last before leaving the city. Now my garb will be unworn, but there is no sense in pushing the bounds of reason when faced with unreasonable behavior.

I INTERPRET THIS AS MEANING "EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE ONE BEING A COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE ASSHOLE, I'M GOING TO BLAME MY RETREAT THE OTHER GUY FOR BEING SUCH A MEANIE TO ME AND SOMEHOW THAT WILL MAKE WHAT I'VE DONE LOOK OKAY."
ARE YOU BUYING IT?  I'M SURE NOT.

AND WHAT'S THIS BUSINESS ABOUT BELTAINE FAIRE BEING "MY LAST (EVENT) BEFORE LEAVING THE CITY"?  DOES TREY HERSELF HAVE SO LITTLE FAITH IN HER ABILITY TO GET ELECTED THAT SHE'S ALREADY GOT PLANS TO MOVE ON WITH HER LIFE AFTER SHE LOSES?  WHY IS SHE EVEN IN THIS RACE? 

WAS THERE LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE THE GREEN PARTY COULD HAVE FOUND TO RUN FOR EDMONTON EAST?

Since we've deflected their abuse to me, my journeywoman doesn't believe that they will bother her and is willing to take the risk of vending.

"THE RISK OF VENDING"?!?  ONE DOES WONDER WHAT TREY EXPECTS TO POTENTIALLY BEFALL HER POOR APPRENTICE AT THE HANDS OF THE "MONSTER" WE KNOW OF AS ED.

I have given her my blessing.

...BECAUSE HEY, IF YOU REALLY THINK IT'S DANGEROUS, BEST SEND IN AN APPRENTICE IN YOUR PLACE TO GET EATEN BY THE DRAGON.  BUT OF COURSE WE ALL KNOW THIS IS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS DESIGNED TO DISCREDIT FAERIES IN THE EYES OF THE ORGANIZER OF THIS EVENT.

The Greens have already been inundated with their rants,

"RANTS"...OR LEGITIMATE CONCERNS ABOUT THE MENTAL FITNESS AND GROSS LACK OF INTERPERSONAL SKILLS OF THEIR CANDIDATE?

and with their responses,

...ACCORDING TO CHRIS, THE REPLIES FROM BOTH ROBERT JOHNSTON, LOCAL GREEN PARTY REP, AND PETER JOHNSTON (NO RELATION) THE FEDERAL WESTERN REGIONAL REP WERE, IN ESSENCE:

"LA LA LA IF WE DON'T HEAR IT OR ACKNOWLEDGE IT THEN NOTHING BAD IS HAPPENING.  THIS IS A PERSONAL DISPUTE BETWEEN OUR CANDIDATE AND THE CONSTITUENTS OF HER RIDING SO WE SHOULD ALL JUST...LOOK AWAY!"

I hope the management of Fairies are starting to get some idea about how serious this is.

OH, I THINK WE *ALL* DO...

But until I have some assurance that they are discontinuing their assault,

ASSAULT?  I'LL GIVE HER POINTS FOR USING SUCH EMOTIONALLY CHARGED LANGUAGE BUT IS IT APPROPRIATE...OR EVEN ACCURATE?  OR JUST A CHEAP TACTIC DESIGNED TO MANIPULATE THE OPINION OF THE READER?

I feel that I have no choice but to reduce the chance of disruption of Beltaine by hearing about it rather than attending. My young daughter will be very disappointed.

HELLO GUILT TRIP! 

But who knows? Maybe they will get bored or begin to grasp that this is incredibly serious this is and stop before it gets too out of hand.

UM, LIKE IT HASN'T ALREADY TRANSCENDED BEING ANYTHING LESS THAN GROSSLY INAPPRORIATE?

I do hope the next time I am assaulted by someone who acknowledges his mental illness that no one suggests Dispute Resolution.

AUGH. AGAIN WITH THIS "ASSAULTED" NONSENSE. 

ALSO, AS FAR AS I KNOW, AT LEAST THREE INDIVIDUALS HAVE COME FORWARD AND OFFERED TO HELP MEDIATE A CONFLICT RESOLUTION PROCESS BETWEEN TREY, ED, AND CHRIS BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, TREY'S HAVING NONE OF IT BECAUSE SHE'S ALREADY CONVINCED HERSELF THAT SHE'S RIGHT AND NOTHING ANYONE CAN SAY WILL EVER MAKE THIS BETTER BECAUSE ED'S CRAZY AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT (EVEN IN THE FACE OF FACTS THAT CLEARLY STATE OTHERWISE).

MY QUESTION TO YOU, DEAR READER, IS THAT IF TREY IS SO UTTERLY INCAPABLE OF APPROPRIATELY ADDRESSING SOMETHING SO MINOR AS A MISCOMMUNICATION ABOUT A "WANTED AD", AND IN FACT INFLAMES THINGS TO THE PROPORTIONS YOU SEE HERE, IS SHE EVEN CAPABLE OF DEALING WITH THE CONFLICTS THAT WILL INEVITABLY ARISE WERE SHE TO ACTUALLY BE ELECTED?
  
Maybe it was the way I was dressed...

AH YES. THE PARTING SHOT.  "I'M BEING OPPRESSED BECAUSE I'M AN OUT-OF-THE-BROOM CLOSET WITCH".  ONLY THAT DOESN'T WORK SO WELL WHEN YOU'RE GOING UP AGAINST OTHER WITCHES, DOES IT?
******

GENTLE READER, THANK YOU FOR WADING THROUGH THIS MISSIVE.
THE MESSAGES QUOTED THEREIN ARE UNEDITED (EXCEPT WHERE I HAVE NOTED MY COMMENTS IN PURPLE TEXT) AND MOST OF WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON PUBLIC E-MAIL LISTS.

DO WITH THIS INFORMATION WHAT YOU WILL...WITH MY BLESSING, PROVIDED YOU TAKE IT IN THE PROPER CONTEXT AND WITH THE SPIRIT OF SERVING TRUTH AND FOR THE HIGHEST GOOD.